Thursday, February 11, 2010

Color is cool

Bare yarn soaking to get out air bubbles
Jaquard acid dyes, add with vinegar to water, throw in yarn,

Microwave until yarn takes up all dye or it looks good to you
Hang to dry!

I know it's been a while since I've posted, but I have good reason. Someone at work decided to go batshit crazy and deliver a shit storm upon me, so I've been busy and not feeling like engaging in anything social.
I digress.
I got some bare yarn and decided to play with colors. Tonight I got it out! The yarn is superwash sock weight merino from KnitPicks.com along with the Jacquard acid dye. I got a few other colors, just trying out this one tonight. Also have some food color to see what happens.
I'll post pics of the dried yarn when it's dry!
The Fiddlehead mittens are coming along nicely. I finished the first one, on to the 2nd.

No comments: