Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yarn dyeing for Easter

We don't celebrate Easter. So today we installed another ceiling fan, put in a new shower head, and I dyed some more yarn.
I soaked the bare yarn in some water and vinegar while we shopped at Home depot, came home and spread out the yarn in the backyard over some plastic and mixed my dyes. Today I used the Neon food colors you can get at the food store. I put the color into separate squeeze bottles and played with the colors.
Here the yarn is soaking up the sun rays in the backyard to heat the color into it:

Here is the yarn before I wrapped it in the saran wrap:
I haven't got the faintest idea if this will work at all or be a miserable failure, but I spent part of the day outside in the lovely sun with a beer and yarn.
That's success any day in my book.



No comments: