Monday, September 15, 2008

Obsessed...

I used to be an avid reader. I collected books like I collect yarn now, almost entirely in the same fashion. I would see something that looked good, buy it, and put it on the shelf until it called to me, the same way I buy yarn. After the knitting hit me, I put down the books mostly and knitted in my spare time. I did still read, ususally on my lunch breaks, a book a month, no where near the book a week or more like before.
Enter new obsession:
http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Saga-Book-1/dp/0316015849/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221521649&sr=8-2
That is book 1 of a 4 book series. I am on book 3, Eclipse. (no, don't buy them for me for xmas, my addicter friend loaned me the ones I don't have)
So mentioned addicter friend Amy (she owed me, I got her on knitting) told me of the series, and I was hooked. Yes, it is a series in the young adult section. No, there is no sex (well, not yet anyway) Yes, it's a vampire series. But captivating nonetheless. Maybe for those reasons? Easy read, no intellectual existential talk. No politics.
And, it's coming out as a movie. Me and Amy already have the day planned. DH's be damned, we are going to see some hot young vampire action!

No comments: