Saturday, October 31, 2009

Paranormal Fun

If you know me even a bit, you know I love horror movies. I abhor the chic flick, I can't do comedy unless it's stand up, romance makes me want to crawl in a hole and die, but I do love horror. Any horror. I can usually find the good in most any horror flick. But the best are the ones that actually can scare me. Cuz it takes a bit to scare me, but when it does, I love it. So when I heard that people were actually being scared by the new movie Paranormal Activity, my heart went "thud" and I wanted to see it like a boy wants to see his new crush.
All I can say is it doesn't disappoint. I soooooooo don't want to give away the scariness, because that's the best part of the whole movie, but if you really like a genuine creepy scare, the kind that will have you leaving the hall light on at night, this is for you. There are parts that have me so creeped out I'm not sure I'll sleep thru the night without at least waking up and turning on the light to make sure. If I hear a sound for the next week, I'll think of this movie. The movie worked because it got into my brain and creeped me out in a real life kinda oh shit what if this really is how it is when I'm not looking kinda way.
My disclaimer... if you are not into scary shit, the kinda scary that makes you scared for a week when you get home.. movie not for you. If you like to feel creeped out for a week, rock on.

No comments: