Sunday, August 17, 2008

I can fix a toilet

New skill, fixing a toilet. Discovered after $90 water bill.
The toilet was constantly running. Found out it was because the float wasn't working properly. Attempted to bend float to my will. Broke said part. Hmmm.... I seriously considered trying to duct tape back together.
Nice man at hardware store explained that replacing the whole inside part would actually be easier than trying to unscrew really rusted screws and replace just broke part. $11. not bad.
Got home, DH helped undo part to replace, popped in, adjusted a bit, and VOILA no more running toilet.
Tell me how much I rock.

1 comment:

Debbie Minerva said...

Oh my gosh! After a terribly bad breakup a few years ago, I moved in with my best friend. She had just bought a home. We had to replace both "toliet innards" in her bathrooms during the course of my tenancy.

After each successful transplant, I was convinced that I had missed my calling and should have become a plumber.

So yes, I concur....YOU ROCK.