Saturday, January 3, 2009

I have no resolutions

Everyone seems to be posting their resolutions. I have none. I hate resolutions. They seem like a surefire way to set yourself up for failure. So instead, I just like to have life-day-month long resolutions. Something I set for myself that I hope to "someday" achieve. I hate setting myself up for failure, so this is better for me.
My someday resolutions: (not in any particular order)
1.lose 10 pounds
2. knit that first sweater again and have it be better
3. learn to knit colorwork
4. quit smoking
5. be nice to everyone whenever possible. unless they are stupid. this voids the resolution.
6. try not to show it so much when i'm crabby. it makes other people crabby too.
7. try not to take people so much at their word and then be dissapointed.
8. If someone is a jerk, try to forgive them. they might be having a bad day just like me/you.
9. figure out what to do with my hair. it is seriously bothering me people.
10. spend a lot more time doing stuff I love. I don't know how to do this because time is not infinite. But I really want to figure this one out. I don't know if it involves my job, my house, my car, the cats, or the weather, but this one is a lifelong quest and I resolve to figure it out eventually.

No comments: