Thursday, March 26, 2009

More spinning

I should be knitting. I have 2 blankets yet to finish and one on the way, but instead Friday I am heading out to Detta's Spindle wheel in tow to have her fit me with a jumbo flyer and bobbin. I called earlier today and realized I didn't quite know all that I was going to need, and we both decided it was a better idea for me to bring the wheel out. She isn't a store so much, only meets by appts, but I've heard that she has a menagerie of wheels and supplies and that she is very lovely. Hopefully I won't walk out of there in the poorhouse.
I need the jumbo because I've realized I can only ply about 20 yards at a time, and I want bigger skeins. At least big enough for a hat. My spinning is getting better, and the yarn is getting better, so if I want say a scarf, I need more yarn. 20 yard increments just sucks.
I will let you know how it goes!

No comments: