I worked on 2 projects this weekend, and both involve using yarn that I have (destashing)
The first is a cat bed from "wendy knits" called the kitty pi. the bed is meant to be knit and then felted. I have some yarn I got about a year ago that is some really coarse wool, so I thought to use that. I'm glad I did. I used a lot of the yarn, about half of what I had, and it felted really nicely. Of course, I had to wait to felt it because as soon as it was off the needles, it was itchy's bed, felted or not. The pic is of him in the bed pre-felting. I have since felted it, but the cats didn't want to wait for it to dry and while it was blocking Mulder got in it, and then Itchy went and stared him down until Mulder got sick of it and gave it up. Mulder was sleeping in the wet felted bed. I certainly hope they like it this much when it's done. Doubtful.
The second project is a nice little capelet knit in worsted/aran weight wool/angora blend yarn that I have had for almost 2 years I think. Kept waiting for something "good" to come along. The pic is of the start of it, it's knit from the top down, so the ribbing is the neckline. I'm thoroughly enjoying this project, because that wool I used for the kitty bed gave my hands a workout and they were very sore yesterday. Knitting should not be that hard!