Friday, March 20, 2009

No more spinning yet

I didn't get to spin today, and I might not tomorrow. I did run across an estate sale that had a traditional looking wheel for sale, but a lot of the parts looked broken and it did not look remotely close to functional.. and they wanted $185 for it. If it had been maintained or looked even clean, no, never mind. Still too much.
I did make one of my favorite meals today. It is enough for about 4 meals for 1 person. Just brown up some meat, I use ground lamb, but use beef or whatever, about 2 pounds, pick your favorite 4 soups, it works best if you pick at least 1 cream soup, I use 2 chicken rice, 1 cream of chicken and 1 cream of mushroom, but this is the cool part.... if you have 4 other soups in your cupboard, use them! brown up the meat, and throw all of it in a pot. Don't add water, just the meat and the soups, and heat to hot. Eat! It's a nice fill me up and make me warm kinda meal. Depending on your taste, some add chow mien noodles to give it a crunchy salty taste. I like it just the way it is. Not spicy, just a good hot hearty meal. I could eat this stuff every day.
But here's the thing. I don't cook. So, I wonder, is this really good stuff or am I the only one that likes it? I got the recipe from a coworker, she used beef and other soup and the chow mien noodles. So, is my version actually good, or is it just good to me? Eric doesn't care for the lamb, but he said he might like it with beef. I like the lamb. Not a lot of greasy fat to strain. I guess it doesn't matter, it sure is yummy goodness to me!

No comments: